August 25, 2008

It's all about...Becca!

So at the beginning to the summer we let the kids pick one activity they wanted to try out this summer. Becca was given a wide range of choice; dance classes, some kind of outdoor activity. She picked ice skating. So in the middle of August, I got the whole family bundled up and went to the ice rink for a week of lessons. Becca loved it. She was a little timid and nervous at first, but did a great job at learning to balance, and how to get up after falling (which happens regularly) Here are some pictures of her hard at work.




With all the Olympics on these past 2 weeks Becca has decided she wants to become a rhythmic gymnast. The idea of dancing with a ball or hula hoop is just too tempting for a 4 year old. So everyday she dresses up in a dance costume and requests music so she can dance around the living room. (This leotard is actually one I wore when I took dance lessons at her age, I found it in my mom's attic last December, Becca wears it everyday)


While Becca was watching the finals for rhythmic gymnastics she wanted to give ribbon twirling a try so she grabbed the first toy she could find and started twirling. I did eventually find her a real ribbon for future performances.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

How fun to learn to ice skate. I love the cute leotard pictures!