March 3, 2008

More cake stuff

I had my final class for the Wilton 3 course. I am just loving all this cake decorating. On this last night we focused on making some new flowers and constructing our tiered cake.
This is my tiered cake. I like the way it turned out. It's covered in marshmallow fondant and the roses are a combination of marshmallow and store bought fondant. I had a crazy time trying to cut the dowel rods to secure the cake but I finally got and and thankfully nothing fell apart on the car ride home.




Here are some pictures of the different flowers I've been learning.

Morning Glory
Petunia

Easter Lily

Poinsettia

Roses

2 comments:

Janiel said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with all your cakes. They are absolutely amazing! Your VERY good.

Hope all is well in Virginia.
- Janiel

Kristie said...

So impressive!!!!! You are doing such a great job on everything!!!! You have got a lot of talent and it sounds like you are really enjoying all of those cake classes!