October 30, 2008

Random happenings

So I've neglected the blog for a while so I decided to make up for it by doing one massive post on all the random things that have been going on around our house.
At the end of September we went to Raleigh to celebrate Lily's 4th birthday. The kids had a great time visiting and playing games and of course eating cake.
Chris enjoys washing his hair all by himself. I assume it's getting clean in the process.I've been experimenting with new bean recipes. Rachael greatly enjoyed this one as evidenced by how much of the dinner she was wearing.

Rachael got all excited the other day when she decided to dress herself. It was a good thing I had no where to go that day. I just stayed at home and let her enjoy her new accomplishment.

I go to wake Becca up from a nap and this is what I found, a sleeping pirate. She later told me that she had poked her eye while playing and the patch was making it feel better.
No reason, just a cute picture.
The girls love sitting side by side in the car. Sharing toys and books, and holding hands are regular car activities.
Boone and Karen came for a visit for Conference weekend. We took the opportunity to go apple picking at our favorite spot, Gross' Orchard in Bedford. It was perfect weather and we all came home with tons of apples.
And of course after picking apples you have to preserve them. I spent a few days drying apples, and canning applesauce. And the kids helped too. When they weren't turning the peeler they were nibbling on apple skins.
Becca was all dressed for preschool in a new shirt and her hair in one of mommy's ponytails and she just had to pose for a picture, and it was too cute not to go on the blog.
This summer I found this great, and huge, tent on sale at Walmart. I snatched it up right away but it took until now to finally set it up and see how it looks. It's filled that whole section of basement. Now we just need to go on a real camp out and try it outdoors.
This is what happens when you give a baby a Hershey kiss. You can't really tell, but she had drolled some of it down her chest. At least I know she enjoyed it.
I've been experimenting with a bread machine I got at a yard sale this summer. I've found some really fun recipes and we've been eating a lot of good bread. However, I must of measured things wrong on this batch because the dough just kept on going. Though I must say it made some very tasty dinner rolls!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I enjoyed the update. It looks like you guys have had a lot going on lately!

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

I love the girls holding hands in the car. Girls can make life so sweet!!!

Surf Goddess said...

oh my gosh i miss you guys!! i love the pirate picture.