January 5, 2009

Paris Photos (finally!)

Photo Warning: We took too many photos! I couldn't help myself, I was in Paris, of course I took too many photos. Every where you look there is something you just have to take a picture of. And I should apologize in advance for any french words I may misspell as I write about our trip. The trip was really a work trip for Mike with me tagging along. We arrived on a Tuesday morning and met up with our friends Paul and Heather. We took the opportunity that first day to see the Eiffel Tower. We took the elevator all the way to the top and got to see an incredible view of the city below us. The next few days Mike had meetings so I went shopping with Heather. She showed me all around town and I got quite a few souvenirs. Every evening we tried to do a little more sightseeing. We went to the Arc de Triomphe and took some great night pictures down the Champs-Elysees. Even though the meetings ended on Friday we stayed through the weekend to see more of Paris. On Saturday we went to Sainte-Chapelle and then on to Notre Dame. It was amazing to walk through both of these cathedrals and see all the stained glass windows. I wish the pictures did them justice. On Sunday we headed to the Louvre. Even through we knew we didn't stand a chance of seeing the whole thing, we gave it our best effort. We spent about 4 hours inside and we might of seen half of the collection on display, and that was without alot of stopping and staring, we kept up a pretty good pace as we went through, but there is just too much to see. We were hoping to go to another museum that day, but the line to get in was way too long, we would of used up the rest of the day just standing in line so we just walked around and enjoyed the Paris atmosphere. Sadly, on Monday we had to come home. It was a quick trip, but so worth every minute of it. We packed as much as we could into one week. Hopefully we'll be able to get back some day and spend more time at some of these sites. Enjoy the pics.
Eiffel Tower

Arc de Triomphe
I'm not sure what this was, but I saw it one afternoon as we were out walking and I just had to take a picture of it.
Inside Sainte-Chapelle
Notre Dame
We were told that you can always spot the statue of John the Baptist, just look for the statue holding his head.


The Louvre
Our hotel, the room was tiny, but then we were out most of the day anyway.

Karen helped the kids make a Welcome Home sign for us, it was a very nice greeting after a very long flight.

3 comments:

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

Looks amazing! Thanks for having us over while we were in VA!!! We all had a great time with your family.

Kristie said...

Looks like a very fun trip!! I am glad that you guys got to enjoy yourselves!!! I enjoyed all the pictures.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Ah, I'm jealous! I want to go to Paris.........