February 1, 2010

January 2010

This month has been quite a busy one for our family. Birthdays, baptisms, family visits, not to mention all the regular day to day happens. I've tried to put together an overview without making it too long, but I know it's going to be too long anyway. The kids are cute and I just can't help myself.
Speaking of cute, I can't get enough of these two. They just love each other. They have so much fun together it's wonderful.

For Chris's eighth birthday we got tickets for Mike to take him to the Walking with Dinosaurs show in Roanoke. Chris loved it. The dinosaurs were huge and the arena made it all come to life.

Becca is now the proud wearer of glasses. At her eye appointment in December we discovered that she is nearsighted. She picked out a cute set of princess frames and now happily wears them to school every day.

How did 6 months go by so fast. Melissa is learning to sit and loves interacting with her siblings. She's still on the small side due to some feeding issues, only 13.5 lbs at her 6 month checkup. Hopefully she'll soon realize that solid foods are fun, and then I'm sure there will be no stopping her.

I made a one day trip up to Richmond to make this treasure chest cake for a Church activity hosted by my sister in law, Karen. Becca came with me to keep me company, but apparently my company just wore her out. She fell fast asleep on the car ride home.

Where does the time go? Chris turned 8 this month. He's so much fun to have in our family. He's inquisitive and helpful and loves his sisters. What mother could ask for more.

Since I was waiting to make Chris's birthday cake for his baptism, Becca made Chris a small cake on his birthday. She was very proud of her baking accomplishment and we all enjoyed a small bite.

Chris requested a Lego cake for his birthday. So I made these 2 Lego blocks for his baptism.

Baptism Day. Chris was baptised on Saturday January 23 by Mike. Don't they look handsome. It was a great day and we were happy that family could come and join us for the special occasion.

Another birthday at our house. Rachael's birthday isn't until Feb. 2, but we wanted to celebrate a little early while we still had Mike's parents visiting with us. Rachael requested a girly, princess, pink flower cake. I tried my best to capture that in a cake. She enjoyed it so that's all that matters.

Mike's sister Kristee sent the kids some toys from her recent trip to Mexico. The girls got maracas and Chris got a top.

Rachael all decked out in her new princess dress from grandma and grandpa and maracas from Aunt Kristee.

We had a fun snow storm this past weekend. It kept us indoors all weekend, Church was canceled on Sunday and school was canceled on Monday. The wind was really blowing as the snow fell so it was quite uneven. We measured 8-9 inches in our side yard, 18 inches on the deck and about 12 throughout the backyard. The kids had fun playing on Saturday but on Sunday everyone was coughing and sneezing so I wouldn't let them go out. I'm sure the snow will be here for a while so they'll have time to go play when they are healthy.





Believe it or not, she only ate 1 Reese's Peanut Butter cup and it made that big of a mess. But at least I know she enjoyed eating it!

1 comment:

Surf Goddess said...

omg your posts could NEVEr be too long. aw, such FUN pics, i love them all! can't believe how much SNOW you guys got. wowza. love you!