July 31, 2010

July 2010

Fourth of July







Rebecca's birthday cake



For Becca's birthday, we had a party at the gym
where she had taken a summer class.



Blowing up the bounce house.

I know it's blurry, but she's in a bounce house so I did
the best I could.
Melissa just wanted to chase the balloons around.








She got to wear the birthday crown for the
whole party.  She loved all the attention.


Watch out world.  Melissa is learning to walk!
Melissa turns 1!
Mike was out of town on Melissa's actual birthday, so we
saved the cake until he got home.  On her birthday we made
birthday cookies.  She loved them.  








This is what happens when mom sorts laundry
on the living room floor and the kids are bored.

Chris used blocks to build the Eiffel Tower
For Melissa's birthday cake, I wanted to do some experimenting.
So I made a puppy out of fondant to look like the puppy
that she sleeps with every night.
I think it turned out pretty cute.

The finished cake.
The blocks didn't turn out quite as cute as I wanted them,
but I was running out of time.  Melissa didn't seem to notice.





Her hands were slowing her down, so she dove right in.





Every girl, on her first birthday, has received one
of these baby dolls.  Their outfits are all
slightly different so we can tell them apart,
but other then that they are the same.
Melissa got herself stuck one morning, when she tried
to climb under her crib to get at the blankets.  I was called
in for the rescue, but not until I snapped a few pictures.



Becca's new glasses.
Very Stylish.


Why is it that baby's love kitchen cupboards so much?





With all the moving and packing, we've had
to pull out the playpen more to keep
Melissa out of trouble.
She's not always a fan.


No comments: