August 31, 2010

August Update Part 1

I have totatlly neglected my blog for the last few months, but I have a good excuse
WE MOVED TO FRANCE
I think that's a pretty good reason for being behind in a few activities.  Especially since part of this move involved being unplugged from the internet for several weeks.  But we are up and running again, sort of, so I'm going to try and get back on track.  I don't have access to all my past photos yet so I can't post pictures from May, June or July.  As soon as I can I'll go back and post about those months because they were full with family activities and trips, end of the school year parties and birthday celebrations for both Rebecca and Melissa.  So be on the lookout for that.  In the meantime, I do have access to the photos I have taken as part of this move so I'm going to try and do an August post of those adventures. 

We actualy moved out of our house on August 3rd as our house was being packed up and shipped to France.  So for the next 2 weeks we lived in hotels in both Lynchburg and DC.  6 people living out of suitcases in hotels, eating out for every  meal is quite an interesting experience.  But we made the most of it with trips to the hotel pool and lots of cartoons.

We got these stickers to label our goods for the air shipment or the sea shipment.  The gave us a few extras and I had fun putting them to good use.
Melissa decided that hotel rooms were excellent places for adventure.  She learned how to open and shut closet doors and that they are the perfect spot for a game of peek a boo.  She also perfected her walking skills while we were there.  She is now very good and gets quite upset when confined to a stroller for too long.  That should make all the walking in Paris and interesting adventure.

We went up to DC to pick up our visas from the French Consulate.  While there we took a trip into DC to show the kids some sites and visit a museum.
The next day we went by the DC Temple before heading back to Lynchburg.

3 comments:

The Malone Family said...

Yeah you did it! I promise within the next 2 days...

Janiel said...

Wow, France!! That's SO exciting. You'll have to keep us updated on all your adventures while abroad.

Jennifer said...

I'm glad to hear you made it and are connected to the world :) We are looking forward to seeing your faces and following your adventure on your blog. My kids are really missing your kids. Can't wait to hear what France it like.