I was looking through my photos for June and realized that I had a lot of pictures for all sorts of random events. I couldn't really put them in one category so I'm going to throw them all into one post. And I'll try my best to describe them all so no one gets confused.
I got a little carried away making this baby shower cake for a friend of mine. She's expecting her first child, a boy, this August, and they are very excited. Some friends threw a big pool party/baby shower for all of our families, and this was the cake. I had a lot of fun making all the bugs out of fondant with another friend of mine. I think it turned out pretty cute.


One of our many summer projects has been clearing out some of our backyard. We spent a few weeks clearing out some underbrush and chopping down some small trees and bushes. Then Mike borrowed a chain saw and got to work on some of the larger trees. There are still some tall trees that we can't do on our own, and then we still have all the trunks and roots to take care of so there is still a lot of work to do. The grand plan is to clear it, level it and put in a swing set. We'll let you know how it goes.


I've talked about it for months, and now I've finally done it. I painted the dining room. When we first moved in, the builder and painted the dining room a tan color to keep the house neutral. It was okay at first, but the longer I looked at the more I didn't really care for it. The counter top in the kitchen has some blue in it so I decided to try and find a color to loosely match and this it what I found. It was in the mis-tint section at Wal-mart so I got a great deal on it. The only trouble is, now I want to paint more rooms in the house! (the first picture is the old paint, the second it the new paint.)

My friend posted some pictures on her website of her daughter enjoying a cookie, and I mean really enjoying the cookie. So when I made a batch I took pictures of how much Rachael loved eating that cookie. I enjoyed it too, I just wasn't wearing the cookie when I was done.

I met some friends at a local orchard to do some peach picking with the kids. We had a great time and the crop was excellent. I came home with just over 10 lbs of peaches. I made some jam and canned some slices and we still had plenty for enjoying. Rachael loved to eat them, but didn't like how the skin got stuck on her teeth.

Half way through eating his peach, Chris looks at me and says, where's my tooth? My first thought was that he swallowed his tooth. It had been really wiggly for a few days but it just wouldn't come out. I'm sure I could of given it a good tug and it would of fallen right out but Chris didn't want me to, and I don't want to terrorize my son too much so I left it alone. Thankfully it was not in his stomach. It had gotten stuck in the peach and was just sitting on the table. You can't really see the hole left from the tooth since his 2 permanent teeth had already come in behind his baby teeth, but he was proud to take his picture after loosing his tooth.
I got a little carried away making this baby shower cake for a friend of mine. She's expecting her first child, a boy, this August, and they are very excited. Some friends threw a big pool party/baby shower for all of our families, and this was the cake. I had a lot of fun making all the bugs out of fondant with another friend of mine. I think it turned out pretty cute.
One of our many summer projects has been clearing out some of our backyard. We spent a few weeks clearing out some underbrush and chopping down some small trees and bushes. Then Mike borrowed a chain saw and got to work on some of the larger trees. There are still some tall trees that we can't do on our own, and then we still have all the trunks and roots to take care of so there is still a lot of work to do. The grand plan is to clear it, level it and put in a swing set. We'll let you know how it goes.
I've talked about it for months, and now I've finally done it. I painted the dining room. When we first moved in, the builder and painted the dining room a tan color to keep the house neutral. It was okay at first, but the longer I looked at the more I didn't really care for it. The counter top in the kitchen has some blue in it so I decided to try and find a color to loosely match and this it what I found. It was in the mis-tint section at Wal-mart so I got a great deal on it. The only trouble is, now I want to paint more rooms in the house! (the first picture is the old paint, the second it the new paint.)
My friend posted some pictures on her website of her daughter enjoying a cookie, and I mean really enjoying the cookie. So when I made a batch I took pictures of how much Rachael loved eating that cookie. I enjoyed it too, I just wasn't wearing the cookie when I was done.
I met some friends at a local orchard to do some peach picking with the kids. We had a great time and the crop was excellent. I came home with just over 10 lbs of peaches. I made some jam and canned some slices and we still had plenty for enjoying. Rachael loved to eat them, but didn't like how the skin got stuck on her teeth.
Half way through eating his peach, Chris looks at me and says, where's my tooth? My first thought was that he swallowed his tooth. It had been really wiggly for a few days but it just wouldn't come out. I'm sure I could of given it a good tug and it would of fallen right out but Chris didn't want me to, and I don't want to terrorize my son too much so I left it alone. Thankfully it was not in his stomach. It had gotten stuck in the peach and was just sitting on the table. You can't really see the hole left from the tooth since his 2 permanent teeth had already come in behind his baby teeth, but he was proud to take his picture after loosing his tooth.
No comments:
Post a Comment