Every since we moved in I have wanted to do some painting to the house. Everything was white and neutral and I wanted to give it some of our own personality. The only problem was I have no time, no knowledge of design and no money. Then I discovered the mis-tint paint section at Wal-mart. I found the paint for the dining room there. I check that shelf every time I'm in the store. One day I found this nice blue paint. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I bought it anyway. I started thinking that it would look nice in the upstairs bathroom, but that would mean new towels, and rugs, and shower curtain. So I started looking around. I finally found towels and rugs on sale at Target. I snatched them up and got to work. I've spent this week taping, and painting, then un-taping and painting some more. Finally today I had everything cleaned up, and the new towels and rugs in place. I still need to find the right shower curtain but I saw one at Kohl's the other day, now I just need to watch for the sale...
Total cost:
Paint: $6.50
Towels and Rugs: $20
Paint supplies: $5
Shower curtain: $? (I'm hoping for around $15)
5 comments:
I LOVE it! It's so happy!
What a good shopper! Love it :-)
Very nice!!!
I love it! It is a very similar color to what we painted the boys' room!! It looks very cheery!
Emily,
Way to go on the Bathroom. I need inspiration here too. Only we don't own the house so no paint. I hope it's okay that I'm on your blog. This is your old roommate, Jen (DeLoura) Softley. Dave, our soon to be 5 girls, and I are in Charlotte, NC. Are you in Virginia? Where? I don't have a blog yet. Email me at jdsoftley@yahoo.com, I'd love to hear from you.
Jen
Post a Comment