April 10, 2008

Final Cake Class

I had my final cake decorating class last Saturday night. I must say that I have enjoyed these classes much more then I thought I would. I now have a shelf full of cake decorating supplies and tools. I just have to hope that I continue to get opportunities to use it all.


This was my final cake. I loved making the daisy's for the top, though I'm glad to be done with fondant for a little while.
View of the top of the cake
This quilt cake was at the request of a woman Mike works with. It was for her mother's birthday. Her mother is an avid quilter so I cut out quilt pieces from fondant and then pieced the quilt patterns together. It took a long time but I love the effect.

Here are some other flowers that I made in this last class.
Carnations
Fantasy Flower

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you're not in Utah. You could make my wedding cake. ;-)

Kristie said...

Great cakes!! They always seem to turn out so good!!