A while back I posted about the garden we started this spring. It was really more of an experiment since we've never really had a garden so I was curious to see how it would work. We planted almost everything from seed, except some romaine lettuce so I was anxious to see what would actually grow, and what would actually produce vegetables.
This is how the garden looked in May. The lettuce and spinach were growing great and we've had some wonderful salads. We got some sweet sugar snap peas and some tasty radishes to add to it.
And then we got rain, and lots of it. We were picking peas and lettuce almost daily! I had to take more pictures, and this time I put the kids next to the plants so you can get an idea of how tall everything got. Unfortunately, the lettuce and spinach began to bolt so I had to chop down the entire plant. But what do you do with 7 plants worth of lettuce!! We had a week of salads. I still have some in the fridge. Thankfully it lasts much longer because it's so fresh. I've already planted more romaine and spinach seeds since it was just so tasty to have those fresh salads.
I took Chris's picture next to our monster zucchini plant. The leaves are huge, but we've only picked 3 small zucchini.
And of course the peach tree. No peaches, but we expected that this first year. I'm just glad it's still alive and producing leaves. We must be doing something right.
1 comment:
Your garden is exploding! This is awesome Emily, it all looks great and I sure tastes great too.
Post a Comment