June 29, 2009

Swing Set

We've talked about it ever since moving in, but this summer we finally got it done. We built a swing set. Okay, I shouldn't say 'we', Mike built a swing set. And it was quite the accomplishment. Our backyard is not level, and it has a bunch of trees. Last year, we cleared out some of the underbrush and cut down several trees, but we couldn't get the roots and stumps out.
So this summer we started up again. Mike rented this machine and drove all over the backyard digging up the stumps and leveling out a large section for the swing set. I don't think he minded, he seemed to be having a lot of fun driving that around the back yard.





Last Saturday one of Mike's coworkers came by with his son and helped Mike get the building started. Mike was so organized for this project. The night before he laid out all the wood and labeled it so he knew what went where. Then he went through all the hardware and did the same. (Krissi and I did help with that part.) It saved him tons of time on Saturday.
They made so much progress that even after they left Mike kept on working and had the whole thing finished by dinner.

The kids had to take a test drive immediately. I think it turned out to be a great success!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Great job Mike! It looks fantastic! I bet the kids love having it back there.

Kathy said...

Can I just say how proud I am of my brother. Yeah the swing set is cool but Mike you are wearing hte socks I gave you. You look like a cool dad now! Hooray!

Surf Goddess said...

yay mike! i'm so proud of you!! that's amazing!